Thursday, January 29, 2009

Like ships to sea I dip my spoon away from me...and other lessons from Mom

My mother was a dear. She was so funny and quirky and today I thought I would share some tidbits about her ('cause I am miss her, can you tell?)
When she ate toast she would not butter the whole piece, she would break off a piece at a time, butter it and then eat it.
She was totally addicted to Pepsi, she would drink a glass at breakfast.
She loved animals and we always had some kind of pet in the house.
There was a point in time when her love of animals did not extend to rodents. One year my brothers had to bring home mice or rats for the weekend (they were teaching them to go through a maze) and my mom FLIPPED OUT. That was Friday after school. By Sunday evening she was talking to them in a baby voice and did not want to send them back to the school.
She was very good at both knitting and sewing, neither a skill I inherited.
She smoked Export A green death right up 'til she got cancer. Then she stopped.
My mother loved the word fuck, no kidding, she loved it. She didn't use it a lot in front of me but I know she enjoyed the heck out of it.
She was was no kind of cook, sorry but it is true. Someone once gave her a recipe for boiling water. I am working hard to prove that cooking ability is not genetic.
For a woman who didn't cook she had an unholy amount of recipes. I know where I get THAT from.

No comments: