Thursday, January 01, 2009

We'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne...

Well the first day of 2009 has been a pretty good one. we spent last night with just a few friends and some food and a couple of drinks. The weather which was truly frightful kept things pretty subdued which is of course what I like. When we got home at about 12:20am I checked my Facebook before heading to be and found out that a couple who went through PRIDE with us have a brand new baby boy. They got a new born which is just incredible. I am so thrilled for them, and of course green with envy.
I spent most of today packing up all the Christmas decorations and getting the house ready for my big slumber party on the weekend. I would be totally psyched if I didn't have such a rotten headache at the moment. I am sure it is caused by all the funky weather. It actually snowed for more then 24 hours. It is madness but beautiful of course. If only I was going to get a snow day out of it, but I won't. Tomorrow morning I am going to have to drag my sad ass out of bed and go to work and there will be NOTHING to do there because the rest of the world is pretty much shut down for business. Next year if I am not off on leave I am taking a big chunk of time off over the holidays. I just could not afford to do that this year.
I haven't made any resolutions per se for this year but I hope to live well. I hope to be a good wife and a good friend.
I hope you all enjoyed a day off. I hope you are filled with the spirit of possibility.

No comments: