Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14 in which I reach 400 posts! (and it only took 5.75 years!)

Look at me go! 400 posts! You probably think I have something REALLY special planned for my 400th post. You probably think it is something I put a lot of thought into because it is a pretty big milestone. Well sadly you are wrong. I didn't even know that I was close to 400 until I logged in tonight but fortunately I am really good at wining it and so instead of a thoughtful well planned post you are getting this!

400 -

  • the year 400ad/cd was a leap year and it started on a Sunday
  • 400 is the square of 20
  • The 400 market is located just south of Barrie, Ontario off Highway 400
  • Highway 400 is located in Southern Ontario and link TO to the more agrarian southland. I don't know if I have ever driven there. 
2005 
  • In 2005 I was 30 
  • In 2005 I was not married
  • In 2005 George W Bush was sworn in for he second term... that worked out well. 
  • in 2005 the population of the world was 6,453,628,000
  • In 2005 Hunter S Thompson, John Paul II & Rosa Parks died. All of those things made me cry.
  • Transformers the Movie, released in 1986, was set in 2005. I saw no sightings of Robots in Disguise.
  • The top grossing film of 2005 was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. 
  • On August 23rd 2005 Hurricane Katrina made landfall in Louisiana. Almost 6 years later the still haven't finish cleaning up that mess. (see line 3)
I have had a lot of fun with this blog over the years. I wish that I had used it more to say things that I felt strongly about. I wish I hadn't gone months at a time without writing but maybe this project is the kick start I need to really get my voice out there. Here is to 400 more!! Cheers!

No comments: