Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 26

I am getting this done very late tonight, much too late for a Sunday evening especially since we have to be up extra early tomorrow for Gil's first physio appointment. But it was a long day and I didn't get a chance to really sit down and write so here I am at 11:15pm tired and struggling to find something to say.
It was a chaotic weekend here with lots of extra bodies around, many of them very small and very loud. Lauren is completely enamored with Uncle Gil and wants to have his attention all the time. To the extent that she attempted to join in him on a trip to the washroom. Wisely he had to break her little heart and tell her no.
Today alone there were 7 people here who don't live here full time. No wonder I can't get anything clean!;)
I had my second to last drivers ed in car lesson this afternoon and I didn't kill anyone so I am going to call that a victory. My brother came out with me tonight so I could practice parking my big ass car in the Access Nova Scotia parking lot. Gil and I are going to go out every evening from now until Thursday to run through the routes and practice the parking. I don't feel 100% confidant yet but I think I might actually make it to the road test this time. Gil had promised he won't let me chicken out. I have come too far to back out.
We went to see Auntie Leona today and she told me how proud she was of me and that just made me want to keep going. I just need to NOT let my nerves get the best of me and I have to be okay with failing if it happens. It could happen. If it does it is not the end of the world. Get drunk, feel sorry for an evening and then get back up on the horse and keep trying. At the same time I can't go into the test thinking that I will fail otherwise it will be a self fulfilling prophecy.  The best thing I can do if to just keep practicing, be mindful, be attentive and do my best.
Okay great pep talk!! Now it is bed time. Night ya'll!

No comments: