Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 21 - Getting my Barbara Walters skills on

I was giving some serious thought about Chris' challenge to do some writing about a friend. I wanted to do something fun and upbeat and I have had the thought for a while now to do an interview piece so I thought I would combine the two and interview my very best friend... My husband. Hilarity ensued!

Meg: Do you remember the first time you met me/what is your earliest memory of me?
Gil: At Karen and Corey's apartment, I remember you sitting on the floor and thinking "her hair looks funny!" (it was pink)
Meg: It was pink, good memory!
Can you believe all this time later we are MARRIED?
Gil: THAT IS CRAZY
Meg: If there was ONE chore around our house that you NEVER had to do again, what would you pick?
Gil: Cleaning up doggy messes :)
Meg:  Fat chance baby!
Meg: Okay, explain in layman's terms what it is that you do for a living.
Gil: I am a computer programmer specializing in communications systems.  I also do a lot of the system administration and installation support as well.
Meg:  Sounds like pretty smart stuff there!! Do you have a title or anything? *nudge nudge*

Gil: I do, and now I want to know what these questions are for :)
Meg: I told you they are for my Blog *sigh*

He never did volunteer his title but since I'm his wife I already know he is the director of software development. I like it, it's got a ring to it! 


Meg: Okay let’s go a little “Inside the Actors Studio” of a while. What is your favorite word? Gil: I don't have a favorite word 
Meg:  Really? I like persnickety! That is a great word. What is your least favorite word?  
Gil: I do not hold any word in favour over another 
Meg: Somewhere out there James Lipton is weeping. The next question is supposed to be "what turns you on?", but this is a PG blog so I am going with what excites you?

Gil: My Lovely Wife Smiling 
Meg: Oh man, You are killing me here. I love you. You are the best husband ever. Okay back to business? What turns you off? 
Gil: My Lovely Wife Crying

Meg: Yeah, I can be such a buzz kill. What sound do you love? 
Gil: Bacon frying!
Meg:What sound do you hate?
Gil: My leg breaking LOL
Meg: Yeah that is pretty gross. What is your favorite curse word? 
Gil: Fucktard 
Meg: Well there goes my PG status. Okay next up.  I already know the answer to this one but the folks out there don't so what profession other than yours would you like to attempt? 
Gil: Plumbing
Meg: What profession would you not like to do? 
Gil: Toilet cleaner.
Meg: Well it is a good thing then that I clean out toilet!
Gil: yeah!
Meg: If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Gil: We’re all filled up go back.
Meg: LOL so funny 
Meg:Do you think I am silly for doing this?
Gil: Yes
Meg: Do you read my blog? 
Gil:No.
Meg:Will you now that I wrote about you? 
Gil: Probably not .
Meg: LOL
Gil: If you could meet one famous person who would it be? 
Gil: Les Claypool.
Meg:Don’t you have his autograph? 
Gil:Yes
Meg:Then didn’t you meet him already? 
Gil: No my friend Jeanine got it for me.
Meg: Do you wish I would stop asking you questions so you could go back to playing your video game? Gil: No I can do both.
Meg: You’re so cool.
Gil: You are cool.
Meg: No you are
Gil: Yeah!
Meg: So do you have any last words of wisdom for our viewers at home.
Gil: Nope! *yawn* 5555555555555555555555555556 (that last bit was a kit0ten helping my type)


1 comment:

jt said...

Awesome interview.

I had forgotten about your blog for a while I am glad you are back at it. Something really cool for me to read.

*HUGS*

We need to get together soon. We should start pestering Mike.