Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 17. Flying Fur

I find myself tonight asking myself some very very difficult questions. I know that I am tired and frustrated and that it hasn't been the easiest time of my lift (though my no stretch the hardest either) so I am trying very hard to keep that in perspective.
There are so many souls under this roof. Even without house guest both human and four legged. Even without the slumbering 14 year old in the living room. When it is just our core family there are two people, two cats and two dogs. It can feel very crowded and very fury some days. I feel like there is always someone demanding something of me. I LOVE my four legged babies but days like today I feel like just loving them isn't enough. I honestly wonder if I am the best human to be taking care of them. I get so frustrated and I have to ask myself is it fair for them? Is it fair for me?  I don't have an answer. I don't know what the right course of action is. I know that things need to change. I know that I either need to be a better pet parent or I have to look at finding some who can and will do better than me. If these were children I wouldn't even think about this. I would just keep struggling because parents don't ask themselves am I the best option? I would never just abandon my animals please don't get me wrong but days today I really feel like it is possible I bit off more than I can chew.  Lulu needs to be more engaged, she needs to be run ragged. The reason why she gets into so much trouble is that she is board. Oliver is in a constant state of crisis. His anxiety is crippling for him. If am in another room and he needs me he just cries and cries and cries. Tikka is.... god I don't even know where to start with that poor cat but she is miserable and she hates sharing the house with the other animals which makes her a total bully. Only Mango seems totally without complication and even she is a pain in the ass with her never ending attempts to get outside.
I don't know what I should do. I think I just need to sleep on it and come back to thinking about it when my head is clear, when I am not upset about the loss of my brand new, $125.00 black leather Mary Jane's. When I am not so tired and frustrated with life in general.
I love all of my fur babies. Please don't misunderstand me.

No comments: