Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 20 - Mister Golden Sun!

I am so thrilled to be sitting here in a puddle of sunshine, tummy full of toast and peanut butter, sipping my tea with is still hot. Molly Johnson and Big Sugar are in the background extolling the virtues of Midnight and I am feeling the kind of calm that only the sunshine can bring.
It is almost hard to believe it is Monday morning and I have to be to work in an hour. Other than the fact that Lulu has claimed another victim (my black Chuck's that  I bought in Vegas *sigh*) than I would say it is the perfect morning. I wish every day started like this. Usually I am running around like a ballistic chicken trying to find underwear or keys or glasses or cleaning up dog vomit. No wonder my co-worker told me the other day that people find me unbearably cranky at work in the morning. I am NOT a morning person. I need to do things in my own good time. I don't like to talk first thing in the morning which is why I always try and get up half an hour before Gil. I can't rush my brain into anything, I sure there is some kind of car analogy about a motor warming up but I am not a car person so what do I know?
And this sunshine is so uplifting. It is hard to feel sluggish and cranky when the sun is out there calling me.  I damn near went out to try and mow this morning least the rain return by this evening but I realized that my neighbours might not see things the way I see them and no matter what Robert Frost said about good fences I know it is really good SENSES that makes good neighbours. I am just going to have to put my faith in the forecast that says we are due to have this lovely ball of fire in the sky for at least two days. It is just so hard to believe when we have had our spirits drowned all spring.
If it is still nice this evening I am going to do the following....
  1. mow the lawn
  2. make dinner on the BBQ
  3. enjoy a glass of wine on the deck
  4. take me shoe chewing maniac for a long LONG walk.
Have a great day everyone. I hope you have a lovely Monday and that some sunshine touches your life today, even if only metaphorically. 

No comments: