Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 16 - Notes from my sick bed

I am home from work AGAIN. I hate missing work. I mean it is okay on weekends and vacations and stuff but missing work to lay in my bed and feel miserable... well it is boring and useless. My head hurts, my eyes hurt, my skin hurts. I know that going to work would make me feel worse, probably make my coworkers sick and generally suck big time.

It keep having these insane flashes of heat/fever that make me feel like maybe I am losing my mind. God I hope that this isn't what menopause feels like!
As if to ad insult to injury the sun has decided to make a spectacular appearance. It looks very lovely from this spot in my bed. Leaves of green, skies of blue and all that other Louis Armstrong bullshit. Yeah I am a little bitter. Sue me. You know in a few days time when I am feel better and have the energy to mow the lawn or pull a weed it will be back to the same rainy, overcast crap we have had all spring.  Still I guess I should be a bit more gracious and be grateful that I have a window to see the trees and sky through. Gil opened up the windows to  let in some fresh air, cause it smelled like sick room in here and we put clean sheets on the bed. Everyone knows that clean sheets help you get better faster. Sleeping in the same icky sheets I have been sweating out this fever in just makes me gag. Which is why I also grabbed a shower. I know it takes a lot of your resources but I absolutely 100% fully believe that having hot, scrubby showers (plural) expedites the healing process when you have a cold. As does brushing your teeth but I always but a new toothbrush after a battle with germs. I might be a bit of a hypochondriac but I figure the $1.50 it costs me to replace the toothbrush is worth it to not be sticking that crud back in my mouth

Believe it or not there are some silver lining I have been able to find about this whole situation.
  1. Netflix. If I have to stay in bed than at least I have hours of cheesy entertainment. The cold meds make everything so much more interesting. 
  2. My hubby. He worked from home today so that he could take care of me. LOL He wasn't able to do much owning to the broken leg and crutches. But I wasn't lonely and that counts for a LOT.
  3. Kitty snuggles in the big bed.There is lots of time for snuggling when you are in bed all day and my kitties LOVE snuggles.
I have had this open all day typing on and off and I haven't really said anything of consequence so much for my vow for posts of substance. I promise I will try harder tomorrow if I am not too drug addled.

No comments: