Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Day 7 ... Uninspired

I started a great post today while I was at work but I forgot it there and now I am home with a kitchen full of dirty dishes and no inspiration but I figured if I just started writing something would eventually come to me. It is a trick I used a lot during Nanowrimo because the more I dug around for things to write about the more stuck I would become.

Okay since starting this post I have...
  • done dishes
  • done laundry
  • wrangled a cat
  • given a lesson on how to feed my neurotic dog
  • helped a friend apartment hunt
  • take the dogs out twice
  • taken some pictures of a rainbow
  • yelled at Lulu three time for stealing and chewing my ugly wannabe croc flip flops
  • Watched 2 episodes of Breaking In.
  • edited a picture for my 365 blog
  • procrastinated!
  • taken the dogs out for a third and fourth time
I don't know where my mojo went but it is definitely on holidays without me.  I think it is actually napping with of course I highly resent since sleep is so elusive to me. I think that might be part of my problem today, I have really been sleeping poorly the past few nights, worse than usual which is really saying something. Part of it is that I am staying up too late and Lulu is waking up much earlier because it is light out so early now. Part of it is that poor Gil can't get comfortable any more. His cast has begun to really bother him and he tosses and turns trying to find a position that works for his body and his leg. Unfortunately for me the best position seems to be diagonally with the blanks pulled off kilter. It's not his fault and I really feel for him because I know he is sooo tired to. I can only hope we get some good sleeps this weekend while we are away... even if that means separate beds.
While this bout of insomnia is fairly fresh I have actually been living with insomnia in general for most of my life. The earliest instances I can remember I was about six or seven years old. It was so hard for me to articulate what was the matter. I knew it wasn't that I was too hyper or that I had too much sugar or even that I wasn't tired because I was EXHAUSTED but I would toss and turn and after a few nights like this I would be so tired I would actually be in physical pain and be crying because I was so tired. Many times it finally would be alleviated by something rather simple like changing the position of my bed in the room or I would flip round and sleep upside down in the bed head to foot.  I used that technique right up until I shacked up; I have no intention of sleeping it my head down by Gil's feet!
At least when I was a kid once I fell asleep I would stay that way. In fact I was a VERY deep sleeper. They had to put a smoke detector right over my bed just in case because I had actually slept through one outside my bedroom door on several occasions.
However in my early adulthood I stopped being a deep sleeper and I stopped sleeping through the night. In the past 15 years it is MUCH more uncommon for me to sleep the entire night without being up at all than vice versa, and that was BEFORE we got dogs!
Anyway all this is by way of saying I really am a nice person with interesting things to say I just spend an awful lot of time being tired. And all this time you just thought I was a bitch. ;)

No comments: