Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 23 In my which my opinion of humanity is lowered.

My road test is one week from today and I have been starting to feel pretty nervous about it. I had planned to talk to night about my worries about the test and also the impact that I think having my license will have on my marriage but my plan changed when I was sitting at a red on my way home from work this afternoon and I became the victim of a hit and run.
I am so upset that this happened to me. I am mad as hell about the damage done to my car and I will make damn sure the guy pays for it but what REALLY upsets me is that this man hit us and did not stop to find out if we were okay. How does a human behave that way towards his fellow humans? When you make a mistake, when you have an accident you own it, you don't run away like a moron. I learned that lesson way back in Brownies. Shit, if an 8 year old can get it what is wrong with this guy?  I mean really what if one of us had been hurt. What if the damage to my car had been worse than cosmetic? And for crying out loud it is the LAW! You stop at the scene of an accident, especially when you caused it!! And jackass, I got your license plate #. What did you think would happen? If you had stopped we could have just exchanged info at it would have been taken care of by insurance but now you committed a criminal offense!!  Do you get that? was it worth it to get 30 seconds ahead in traffic?
Anyway I know that what really matters is that Gil and I are both fine. I am so very grateful for that. But I have to tell you that guys like that are part of the reason I don't already have my license and although I am going to keep going my plan it certainly gives me pause.  One bad apple ... leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

No comments: