Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Day 8 - In which we lighten up.

I had a subject in mind for today but then it got a little dark and heavy and I was already having a pretty rough day so I decided that I needed to do something a little lighter.  Let’s play the name game. There are no rules I am making them up as I go!!!
M – is for music at which I have no talent. I have been in choir, taken voice, piano and guitar lessons and never got very far with. My brain just can’t make any sense of it. Not to mention I cannot carry a tune in a bag. However I do LOVE music and will continue to sing at the top of my lungs, off key, to all my favorite songs.

E- is for emerald. More specifically the Emerald Isle where I very much want to visit. One of the great regrets I have about the time I spent in Great Britain is that I never made it to Ireland. Gil and I were going to go for our honeymoon but as it turns out honeymoons cost money so we have never had one. People often think that my dislike of St. Patrick’s extends to all things Irish which could not be further from the truth. I am very interested in my Irish heritage and I think it looks like one of the most beautiful places in the world.

G- is for Grand-niece. Any excuse to talk about my little Brookie Wookie. She is getting bigger and cuter and smarter every day. I can’t believe I haven’t seen her in SO long. I need to have a snuggle with her soon or my heart will break.  I keep a picture of her on my desk so that when I am feeling uber stressed out I can just look at her perfect little face and everything is a wee bit better.

H- is for holiday. Like the one I am taking this weekend. Oh god I am excited. My plans include sleeping, eating, sleeping, getting a pedicure, sleeping and taking pictures. To quote Madonna (back when I didn’t think she was creepy) “If we took a holiday, Took some time to celebrate, Just one day out of life, It would be, it would be so nice”

A – is for abacus. Haven’t you always wanted to know how to use one of those things?  I have. Imagine how much fun I would be at parties if I whipped out an abacus and started doing fun math tricks?!  I would be queen!!

N – is for New York! At the very top of my bucket list is The Big Apple. We were supposed to go this spring but life happened. I want to do every tacky tourist thing you can think of. Time Square, Lady Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park… I want it all!

Do you remember doing these when you were in elementary school?
M- Marvelous            O- one of a kind                M- majestic
I am pretty sure we did one every year and I was always terrible at them. One year I am pretty sure the only M I could find for my mother was Mammal. What a great kid I was. At least I knew the word mammal and that my mother WAS one. That is impressive right?  I have this image in my head of a sheet of fools caps with my ‘poem’ in the center and those horrid little flowers you made by wrapping a bit of ripped tissue paper around the end of your pencil, dipping it in glue and pressing it to the page. Do you remember those? Someone else MUST remember that.

No comments: